EXTENDED DEADLINE: MARCH 15, 2019! Last Chance – SUBMIT NOW!
Partners in Crime – the San Diego Chapter of Sisters in Crime – welcomes you to submit a short story to their first anthology titled CROSSING BORDERS. Submissions are free.
Stories will be chosen and edited by Lisa Brackmann, NYT best-selling author of Black Swan Rising and more, and Matt Coyle, best-selling author of the Rick Cahill crime novels, in a blind read process.
CROSSING BORDERS will be an official Sisters in Crime Anthology. Partners in Crime will market the anthology with press releases and social media. Left Coast Crime 2020 will be in San Diego, and Partners in Crime will host an anthology signing party at the conference.
All proceeds from the sale will support the ongoing efforts of Partners in Crime to bring workshops of interest to crime writers and readers.
Why CROSSING BORDERS? San Diego is a beach town, a military town, a business town, and a border town. But CROSSING BORDERS is not just about physical borders between states and countries – we’d also love to see stories about borders between people, between life and death, between normal and paranormal, between moving forward and standing still, between conflicting goals and emotions, and more. The theme of borders can be interpreted many ways. Good stories that are mysteries of all genres, suspense, thrillers and true crime, are encouraged that explore borders in some way.
Keep in mind:
1. Stories must be Word docs up to 5,000 words using Times New Roman 12 or another commonly used business font.
2. Stories must contain a crime.
3. Stories must be anonymous, including file identification. They must also not be previously published.
4. Stories must be emailed to PICAnthology@gmail.com by midnight PST, MARCH 15, 2019. Please use “Crossing Borders Anthology Submission” in the subject line.
5. More than one story can be submitted by an author but only one story will be printed.
6. Authors must be current members of either Partners in Crime, Sisters in Crime-LA, or Sisters in Crime Orange County, and members of national Sisters in Crime as well.
Feel free to email PICAnthology@gmail.com with any questions. Good luck!
Board of Directors
Partners in Crime
LISA BRACKMANN is the NYT best-selling author of the Ellie McEnroe trilogy (Rock Paper Tiger), and suspense novels Getaway, Go-Between and Black Swan Rising. Her work has also appeared in The Wall Street Journal, Salon, Travel+Leisure, LARB, and CNET. She lives in San Diego with a cat, far too many books and a bass ukulele. You can find her online at www.lisabrackmann.com .
MATT COYLE is the author of the Rick Cahill crime series. His books have won the Anthony, Ben Franklin Silver, and San Diego Book Awards, and have accrued nominations for the Macavity, Anthony, Shamus, Lefty, Foreword Reviews Book of the Year and RONE awards. WRONG LIGHT, his fifth novel, comes out in December of 2018. Matt lives in San Diego with his yellow Lab, Angus, where he is writing the sixth Rick Cahill novel. You can find him online at: www.mattcoylebooks.com